I thought of some of the blogs I love to read and wondered if anyone else struggled with this same issue. Jacqui, one of my dear friends described her own blogging journey to me and I knew I was not alone. She said, "I used to blog mostly as a shared diary of events... now I try to blog with a broader theme that appies to anyone who might read it and it's simultaneously much more challenging and rewarding."
So by (some might even say divine) inspiration, my new project started to take form. I thought of things that I am interested in. Cooking, travel, photography, crafts, writing, research.... everything. So how do you write about everything?
I rstumbled upon an interesting idea from The Simple Dollar about organizing your thoughts into managable tasks. For the person who wants to write about everything the first step is to write it all down.
The 101 Things in 1001 Days - Adventure
The Inspiration: The "Bucket List"
Over the last few years, I've been fortunate to cross a few major things off my "bucket list". I've gotten married, ran a 1/2 marathon, took Personal Training at NAIT, started to practice hot yoga and travelled across the country. Looking at my list in recent months, I've noticed that most of the things left are travel themed. I know that I will go to Greece one day, and Fiji, and Hawaii, and Tokyo, and Alaska.
I created a list of all the things I want to accomplish in the next 2.75 years. But then, on November 11th 2012 my marriage dissolved and by December 1st 2013 I was living in Italy working as an English teacher.
Things change. This blog is about all the lessons I'm learning as I'm fumbling through this adventure of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.