If God came to you at 6 years old and told you that your purpose in life was to be an architect, would you immediately beg your parents only for Legos? Would you not waste time with childish things like water fights as they did not pertain to architecture? Would you never buy a fantastic pair of heels that didn't fit and wear them once to a fantastic party full of people who would not advance your career at all?
I think that people who think they know what they want for the rest of their life are liars. What is the point of thinking of one or two things to spend a whole life striving for?
Life doesn't work like that. You can't make a list of all the things you want to do in life and start crossing them off thinking that at the end of the crossing off you will be done. That you can settle into your little cave knowing that you 'lived life' (check) and now can have some semblance of comfort and security.
What is your heart telling you?
For the last few weeks in yoga class I tried to feel the Earth under my feet as I normally do. I couldn't get balance. I couldn't feel the energy of the class. Tonight I went to a restaurant with a cobblestone floor and my heart fluttered.
My heart is a chicken. Why did the chicken cross the road? Well, why not?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.