Friday, 29 March 2013

#18 Letters from mom

I can't believe I haven't posted in while. Well, I'm not really posting for anyone but me, so I guess I don't need to apologise.

I have been fighting against myself though, in the matter of apologising. I've been writing letters to people who don't deserve letters.  I've been considering making peace with my block list on Facebook. Time is short.  Maybe I should write a tell all book?

On the other hand, writing letters has been cathartic.  I shared this last phrase with my mother and received a hug of an email that I felt must be shared to you.  If your mother has never told you these things, just use mine.

Names of this email have been taken away for personal reasons.  They are some of the recipients of letter's never sent.  I'm sure you have a few yourself.


Sweetie, sometimes it is wiser to know when to let go. People really don't know you and whatever you are feeling.   It's time for you to take ownership of who you are; what makes you happy, and understand that anyone who loves you would support you and your choices.  Love means being happy for you. Please, don't let anyone make you feel guilty or make you second guess your choices.  If they really love you, they will support you and be happy for you.  

My sweet girl, be yourself. Understand what makes you happy.  Don't try and make others understand you.  If someone really loves you, they will listen and understand you.  Please Stef, don't set yourself up for disappointment. 

 Please be happy.  Don't feel guilty   Dont feel obligated. Do what makes you happy. Life is much too short to worry about what others think.  Look after yourself. You are doing well. Just follow your heart. I love you.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.