Monday, 6 January 2014

#31 Sitting with Space

I went for a walk over the weekend with a friend of mine that I consider enlightened and gorgeous. She has an energy that reaches out to meet your energy. I have been telling her that I've been stuck on my inspiration for 2014. In 2012 it was "Change" in 2013 it was "Explore" and now that's 2014, I'm looking for something more sustainable: a sentence and not an imperative.

I said, "I want to live in the moment, have inner peace". She laughed, "ooohh, just inner peace? just living in the moment? That's the highest level of enlightenment, you know that right?"
"So, yea, I want that. And whatever comes after that. What comes after that? After you've spent so much time trying and pushing and working on peace? What do you do then?"

She took my question in her mouth and savoured it for a few minutes. I was preparing myself to memorize a series of complex instructions, but instead I got an answer that was too simple for my liking.

"You live. You get up each day and you are present with nature, yourself, other people and your world. You send people love and joy through your own energy. You go to your job, and you talk to your family, and you cook. You do all the things that bring you joy."

It seemed really anticlimactic at the time. You mean, I can just be happy by being happy? I don't need to buy any more books, subscribe to any more blogs, or listen to anyone else?

Quite simply yes.

But to me that is very difficult. I am very uncomfortable knowing that I am, in fact, the one responsible for myself. I'm sitting here thinking about my life and how to best live it. I'm sitting here trying to make mountains out of mole hills. Trying to will my brain into accepting my heart. But that's the issue isn't it. Your brain isn't your heart. Your cat isn't your dog, and never will be. So of course your heart and head are conflicted. They are two different things. Your actions have to come from your heart and your head will help you put the plans together. Not the other way around.

You need to accept these things and move past them. By doing things. Stop creating problems that don't exist. Let them go.

Isn't it strange how sometimes we need to create drama in our lives? We need a problem, so that we can solve a problem. Life seems so stagnant when you're not solving problems. When you're not crossing something off the list. But that's just because we're used to all the electricity floating around us, connecting us to imaginary problems and things. Stop connecting yourself to the wrong things. Let all your connections go - reset - and choose to connect to the ones that your heart wants.

Detach. Go for a walk. Create space inside yourself and sit with it. It's ok. You're not wasting time, because time doesn't exist in the way we know anyway. The whole concept is man made.

And when you're ready, go out into the world and talk to someone. Get some ideas. Get back to the list. The things you want to do. The small things that you will savour in this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.