Friday, 14 September 2012
#3 Share Feelings in Good and Bad Times
People get tattoos every day. They get massive tigers and lions on their arms, or skulls across their backs, or faith marked into their wrist. All mothers cringe and all fathers sigh.
People get married every day. They choose someone that means something to them. Bright and colourful and taking a stand for love. All mothers cringe and all fathers sigh.
People cross roads every day. They wait patiently for the cars to go by so that they can dart across the street. I lost a shoe crossing the road today. It was too small for me anyway.
People think of metaphors everyday. Depending on how they are feeling, someone can see a plastic bag flowing in the air and think that life is beautiful. Not I.
People love every day. They have something inside them that calls longingly, hauntingly. Decisions are made in the haste of the moment not the journey. Delightful.
What prize do you win at the very end?
Those carnival prizes are only worth their weight in promise. You only ask for the prize at the top because of how it looks compared to the other prizes.
Except that I don't. I go for the elephant. Bright grey and old soul.
Haiku.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.