It slows you down, keeps you inside, and moves you to drink too much wine. It should pull people closer towards you and result in endless months of cuddles and pyjamas, but it doesn't. It makes you question your existence. It makes you think: Can I do this for the rest of my life? Can I handle this for one more day?
Winter is lonely.
Without the warmth of the sun you are left with only yourself. It's you against the harsh light that never seems to be enough. You start to feel like you're not enough.
But you are. You are enough. Do you feel it? Spring is coming. In Italy, spring is here. Yes, people are walking around with parkas and scarfs while I'm out in a t-shirt being stared at. I'm ok with it. Inside I feel like my insecurities are melting away. I'm looking at my life in the daylight and things are looking up.
So I decided to go to Sicily and help a lovely couple open a school. My hope is to learn how an olive farm works. There will always be things to do, people to help, and places to see. You won't have enough money, enough time, enough daylight. But you are enough, and you will find a way.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.